Saturday, 3 March 2012

Halfway Point




We're 2 weeks in with 2 weeks left. It's going to be modelling/texturing/UVing nonstop when we return on Monday, but I can never wait that long when it comes to 3d stuff so I'm doing what I can in the weekend.



I loaded up toolbench and did a few paintovers to help me visualise the scene better. I didn't do the floor/walls since arianne was working on a texture for that part. The big long bend on the bottom floor of the level looks kinda plain to me, I'm thinking of putting a monster gauntlet in there with more dense foliage to break up the monotony of that segment.





The staircases got a huge overhaul, instead of going straight up to the level, I gave them a more elegant design which gives them a much better visual effect than the last ones. One of the staircases is going to be destroyed, blocking the player's path so they are forced to use the other one. At the bottom of the staircase is a pond with fountain which will have fish and water lilies.





Here's the 3d asset for it. It's about 85% complete. I just need to chop a bunch of polygons out of the railings, add the wall fountain, and it'll be ready for texturing. The boxes in the corners of the pond area are placeholders for 2 mini statuette fountains I'm going to add.


No comments:

Post a Comment