Friday, 2 March 2012
Trees! I made some trunks for our scene after collecting some references, probably going to only go for 3-4 tree models, the rest will be plants/bushes and such. They ended up being between 4-5k triangles after I retopo'd them.
I played around with the UVing of them. Unique UVs look good from a distance, but atrocious nearby, even when the map size was 2k. Tiling textures look good from near and far, but the only problem is it can get to look repetitive, but we can fix that with decal sheets.
In the image below, the bottom with Unique UVs is a 2k map, the top is using a 512 map, the quality difference is huge with the smaller map giving the better look. The file size difference is just as awesome. 4mb dds file vs a 170kb dds file.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment